GUIDELINES for Returning to In-Person Instruction at AYBT studio (May 27, 2020):
1. Please check students' temperatures before coming to class. No one shall come to the studio who has had a temperature of 100.4 or greater. If a student has been to class and develops a fever, please notify appropriate staff.
2. Anyone who is coming to the studio, be sure to maintain social distancing (as indicated by staff and markings).
3. Arrive dressed for class, Preferably use the restroom before arrival.
4. The lobby is closed, no parents or visitors inside the studio.
5. Stay in the car until the class teacher invites students into the classroom.
A. If your class is in Studio 1 or 2, your teacher will be at the first glass side door for entry and exit.
B. If your class is in Studio 3 your teacher will be at the side glass door close to the creek for entry and exit.
C. If your class is upstairs in Studio 4 your teacher will come to the main front door and allow entry and exit (If you can, please do not touch the railing going up the stairs).
6. Both teachers and students should wear a face covering for entry and exit (It is not necessary to have a mask during class while maintaining 6 foot or more distance).
7. Restrooms are clean and ready for use if you need them. We do ask everyone to use the disinfectant wipes on any handles touched before you leave the restroom.
8. The classrooms have red spots at the barres that are at least 6 feet apart. You may leave bags and change shoes at those spots. If upstairs, use the carpeted area, maintaining the 6 foot distance.
9. Please do not bring any food to the studio. Bring, and fill at home, your own plastic/glass/aluminum screw top water bottle. Again, the lobby is closed and the water fountains and the refrigerator are turned off.
10. Please maintain all healthy guidelines: washing hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds is the best way to stay healthy (hand sanitizer is second best), don't touch your face, and sneeze or cough into a tissue and throw it away is best (into your elbow is second best) .
A Message to our Dancers and Community,
The AYBT Board has made the difficult decision to cancel the spring production of Cinderella and More in order to best support the local and global response to COVID-19. This unprecedented decision is part of AYBT’s commitment to prioritize the well-being of our audiences, dancers, and community.
At this time, AYBT remains closed to in-person interactions; however, the ever-changing situation will be monitored and adjustments made accordingly so please continue to visit the website for updates and re-opening guidelines.
AYBT will continue to uplift, engage, and inspire our community and dancers via social media channels such as Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube. Also, company class will continue on Saturdays through Zoom until the end of June, and AYBT company auditions, as well as the company picnic, are tentatively scheduled for August.
The AYBT family hopes that your family is well, and we look forward to once again sharing the art of ballet with the community.
Inspire students to achieve their individual potential through excellence in training and development in the art of dance.
Perform to the highest standard as a component of student dancers’ education.
Enrich communities through the promotion of dance as an art form
What is Team Bravo?
We are a group of parents working to support funding for projects at Alabama Youth Ballet Theatre, a non-profit Performing Ballet Company.
In 2018, we have funded—
* The Mary Ann Peterson Memorial Costume Fund
* Community Outreach
* The Dance Connection
Thank you for your support!
For more information or to find out what Team Bravo is up to click here.